Friday, September 25, 2009

MY DIY: Hanging Your Boots + Cat Scratch Pads

closet
closet1
cat scratch
i got to work on a few diy projects (that i have previously blogged about) this week. i don't have any pics of my newly reupholstered dining chairs, so this is all for now! i don't have a before pic of my closet or the yellow mural wall because that's how i am - forgetful. anyway, this is just the beginning of my closet overhaul: i hung my boots up, with enough room off the floor for my roomba to fit. i went the wire hanger route, and used a piece of plumbing for the rod. then, i color coordinated my clothes, which i find much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, rather than separating everything by jackets/tees/blouses, etc. next on the list is dealing with my gazillion purses and accessories! on to the cat scratch project. i decided to pick up some brown carpet for $10 at a bargain home outlet store (with carpet to spare for when they get dingy) to match my decor. then, instead of buying wood and having it cut to size, i opted for some nice nickel picture frames for $8 a pop. a little bit pricey, but worth it in the end (i can always reuse them later for something else). this was super easy to do, and literally took about 5-10 minutes to put together and mount on the wall. i probably will need to move them down a bit, cuz kitty might be too short. we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment